Thursday 12 August 2010

In sickness and rude health

I love a week, when you fall into a nice routine.  This week has been busy, but we've somehow managed it all in a steady rhythm.  This I like (it's not normally like this in our house!).

Swimming again this morning.  Caitlyn enjoyed shouting instructions to Danny through the glass; "Go, Danny!", "Splash, Danny!", "Swim Danny!", "Jump Danny!" and "Good boy, Danny!"

Then we came home, decorated our buns and had a picnic in the garden. 

Then it was off to the park.  We met up with friends there and saw lots of Danny's friends from Infants and Juniors, which he will be moving up to in September.

Rebecca made me laugh today.  On the way home from swimming, she said she had a bad tummy.  Then she said she thought she was going to be sick.  I envisaged a day, with a little girl on her sick bed and me frantically clearing up vomit from the car, the house and here, there and everywhere.  As we approached the house, she had her hand over her mouth and I knew I would have to stop as soon as I could.  I normally drive past our house, turn around and then park up but realised I could not do this today, so I pulled up outside the house, told Danny and Caitlyn to stay in seatbelts while I let Rebecca out of the car for fresh air and to be sick.  So, I opened her car door, went to help out my poor, sick daughter.  Alas, she jumped out in rude health, said "Ta da!  I was teasing you!"  I had to laugh, and admit I was so relieved, but also shocked that my daughter had thought up this little trick and acted it out so well.  Where did that come from?  Their personalities never fail to amaze me.

We're home now, have had homemade hot chocolate for me and Danny, fresh strawberries and milk for Rebecca.  Unfortunately, Danny left his drink unattended, so of course Caitlyn knocked it over.  Does this happen in everyone's families?  Good job, I never serve the little one's drinks, hot, hot, hot!  Now, time for a cuddle, then a clear up before Daddy comes home from work.

We leave for holidays on Monday...I really must start packing!

I am trying to work out how to set up my phone to work from this blog so I can add lots of photos.  I will get it up and running, I really will...

No comments:

Post a Comment